Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Power of POWER

Heared of wrong decisions made by people on POWER... Generally I had blamed the person on the position for the same. But an experience changed my perspective on it.

Often I do cycling on early morning. On the way i do get security checked by many dogs. Some screen me, some just bark, some run towards me and maintain safe distance (for both), and few chase me. Most of the occassions casual discussion while driving is enough to calm them. But some needs special attention, where i need to stop my cycle and prove them that I am not a threat.

On one such ride, my cycle's chain got disengaged. To avoid hands getting dirty, i used a stick nearby to fix it and continued my cycling. I carried the stick with me on the trip to meet such demands on the way.

The stick also boosted my feeling of powerful (I do not know why!). On the way when dogs barked at me, rather than initiating discussion, i felt annoyed. When more dogs did the same on the way, I got irritated and even thought of using the stick to drive them. It was not my usual way of handling the situation.

At that moment, i realized that a small stick gave me a sence of power that inturn made me too rude.

Till then, I thought that only person on power make mistakes but never thought that even sense of being powerful drives towards mistake...

Welcoming your views....

No comments:

Post a Comment