Monday, October 12, 2009

I DON'T LIKE

I wish to watch the changes that happens within a child when he grows. So that in way i can see myself.
I have a nephew who is of three year. I occationally play with him and observe him enjoying it and also his reactions which gives me joy and also lots of insights.

Recently I was playing with him, while playing I just threw him in air and caught him. The words he said was so shocking to me. He said “Mama, don’t do this to me, I am afraid”

When I did this when he was 2 or less he would ask me to repeat till I get tired. Now he says he is afraid.

Where does this fear come from?

After deep search I got an answer which I was ok with.
When he started to go out of home, we also started telling him about being cautious about strangers, new things, new happenings so that by the way he becomes more aware, more prepared to meet the new world.
Now as a result of that i see that he came to a conclusion that even believing his uncle is not fair.

Did we mean it?

But I am proud of him because he was bold enought to say that he was afraid. I would never say that.
He was bold enough to accept his fear.
Now i am waiting for the day to arive! The day when the guy would say to me 'mama don’t do it to me “I don’t like it”'.

No comments:

Post a Comment